Thursday, March 21, 2013

7th Grade Art: Avivi Wang, Donald Harmon


Project introduction
7th Grade’s art project requires them to create a photograph-like collage of a specific animal in their habitat using pieces paper they’ve torn by hand. It also requires them to work collaboratively, following the complementary color scheme, including different shades and tints.

Student Interview

Avivi

Do you mind having a project posted around the school?
No, it's okay. 

What do you feel about your project? Are you satisfied with your work?
I am quite satisfied with the outcome, because I worked pretty hard this time. It was a little tough to find the colors, and to fill in Ms. Yung's requirements. 

What were some challenges? How did you solve those?
As I said, some colors were really hard to find and match together, for the gradations of color. Also, it was hard to match the sizes of the magazine pieces together. 

Did you have any inspirations / motivations for this project?
Actually I had an inspiration from a pretty dolphin picture that I found online. The original picture was also showing dolphins under sunset, so I thought I also want to make an artwork like this. 

How do you feel about the recommendations?
Actually I was really surprised! I never expected that my work will be recognized by people other than my art teacher :)


Donald

Do you mind having a project posted around the school?
Yeah, sure. It's fine for me. 

What do you feel about your project? Are you satisfied with your work?
I think I could have done better, so I'm not very satisfied. I ran out of time, so it is kind of not totally complete for me. 

What were some challenges? How did you solve those?
For me, the challenge was matching the different types of papers and colors. 

Did you have any inspirations / motivations for this project?
I wanted to involve eagle in my project, which represents the American emblem, freedom. 

How do you feel about the recommendations?Cool!


Teacher’s Opinion
“Both art work came out great, they did a very good job and each of their’s are unique.” 
“Avivi used three schemes, as the project shows; the blue water and warm colored sky creates a complicated feeling, however expressed the shade of the different colors very well.”
“Donald’s project is quiet complex, the mountains show an obvious shade of dark to light green which made the crimson eagle stand out. It was not easy to accomplish.”


Selector’s Opinion

Avivi
Like Ms. Yung said, we thought the use of colors demonstrated a very pleasant mood of the project, it looks very complicated, the gradation and different colors made the artwork stand out, making it more realistic!

Donald
Donald’s work looks simple but the details included (green backgrounds, shades and tints) really expressed the complementary aspect of the project. Additionally we found it really cool that the background also included the shadow of the eagle and not just the terrain background!


No comments:

Post a Comment